Wearables  |  Ostatní
Svět hardware  |  Digimanie  |   TV Freak

PocketKim

Kocir (836)|22.12.2004 09:30
[QUOTE="Frankie"]Už jste někdo zkoušel nový MapFactor Prof.? :?: [/QUOTE]

Jaky? Verzi 4?

Verze 4 - o nicem.
Frankie_ce4you (103)|22.12.2004 16:43
Mám na mysli verzi 4.2 z 21. prosince, která už prý umí i v PDA upravovat cestu :sarcastic:
Kocir (836)|23.12.2004 09:08
[QUOTE="Frankie"]Mám na mysli verzi 4.2 z 21. prosince, která už prý umí i v PDA upravovat cestu :sarcastic: [/QUOTE]

Tak to jsem nezkousel, ale radeji si pockam na Route66 s novyma mapama ci TomTom
Zig (11)|24.12.2004 01:21
a co smartmaps ? právě vydali slibovaný navigator
http://www.smartmaps.cz/sm_verze.html
malkekoen (7)|3.1.2005 20:26
[QUOTE="Zato"]a co smartmaps ? právě vydali slibovaný navigator
http://www.smartmaps.cz/sm_verze.html[/QUOTE]

Hello,

I dont know if i'm in the right forum, but ill try anyway :) (I dont understand Czech - I'm from Denmark).

I have just bought Pocketkim Pro, because i'm going to the czech rep. in 14 days.

But I can't get my GPS (A Fortuna Clip On Bluetooth) to work with this program.

I own a XDA2 (also known as MDA2).

I would VERY MUCH appreciate, if a kind Czech would help me out here. I'm on tsoelund@hotmail.com on Messenger, if anyone could walk me throgh. Or else please just put in a few words on how to get it to work... Im stuck :(

Ps. Is there any other navigation software, that covers the Czech Rep. (not just major roads)?

Thank you very much.....
elit (168)|4.1.2005 05:09
[QUOTE="malkekoen"][QUOTE="Zato"]a co smartmaps ? právě vydali slibovaný navigator
http://www.smartmaps.cz/sm_verze.html[/QUOTE]

Hello,

I dont know if i'm in the right forum, but ill try anyway :) (I dont understand Czech - I'm from Denmark).

I have just bought Pocketkim Pro, because i'm going to the czech rep. in 14 days.

I would VERY MUCH appreciate, if a kind Czech would help me out here. I'm on tsoelund@hotmail.com on Messenger, if anyone could walk me throgh. Or else please just put in a few words on how to get it to work... Im stuck :(

Ps. Is there any other navigation software, that covers the Czech Rep. (not just major roads)?

Thank you very much.....[/QUOTE]

Hi, you should use the Alturion software which is not made by Czech company(www.alturio.com), but works better then other simillar czech products. This is the best way how to be always in the correct place;) Anyways, Pocket Kim is enough, only problem is that the voice directions are missing...

You should contact the company here: www.pocketkim.cz and ask them if your GPS reciever is supported by Pocket Kim. I have it too, and is working fine for me(but with Ipaq and CoPilot reciever).
malkekoen (7)|4.1.2005 07:21
[QUOTE="elit"]Hi, you should use the Alturion software which is not made by Czech company(www.alturio.com), but works better then other simillar czech products. This is the best way how to be always in the correct place;) Anyways, Pocket Kim is enough, only problem is that the voice directions are missing...

You should contact the company here: www.pocketkim.cz and ask them if your GPS reciever is supported by Pocket Kim. I have it too, and is working fine for me(but with Ipaq and CoPilot reciever).[/QUOTE]

Thanks a lot for your answer. Does Alturion cover the Czech Rep. just as good as Pocketkim? (by the way - I just sended them a email about the pda/gps combination).
Peta_ce4you (314)|4.1.2005 10:41
Look on www.map24.co.uk.

This server is based on same maps as Alturion
Šeba_oldd (1184)|4.1.2005 11:26
[QUOTE="malkekoen"]

Hello,

Thank you very much.....[/QUOTE]

Myslim, že mohu poradit , ale ma angličtina na to bohužel nestačí - Pokud by někdo mohl přeložit MDA neumí seriovy port- k tomu aby spojení nastalo je třeba nahrat do MDA tuto utilitu, která vytvoří jakýsi virtualní com.Tento potom zaskrtnout po sparovaní GPS v nastaveni Pocket Kim.

TRANSLATION :: MDA II cannot emulate serial (COM) port by default. You have to use the attached hack that will create it. Then you'll be able to use this new port in PocketKiM.
elit (168)|4.1.2005 15:41
[QUOTE="malkekoen"][QUOTE="elit"]Hi, you should use the Alturion software which is not made by Czech company(www.alturio.com), but works better then other simillar czech products. This is the best way how to be always in the correct place;) Anyways, Pocket Kim is enough, only problem is that the voice directions are missing...

You should contact the company here: www.pocketkim.cz and ask them if your GPS reciever is supported by Pocket Kim. I have it too, and is working fine for me(but with Ipaq and CoPilot reciever).[/QUOTE]

Thanks a lot for your answer. Does Alturion cover the Czech Rep. just as good as Pocketkim? (by the way - I just sended them a email about the pda/gps combination).[/QUOTE]

The Czech Republic is covered by Alturion pretty good..sometimes seems to me that better then with PocketKimt. You should use it.
malkekoen (7)|5.1.2005 07:36
[QUOTE="elit"][QUOTE="malkekoen"][QUOTE="elit"]Hi, you should use the Alturion software which is not made by Czech company(www.alturio.com), but works better then other simillar czech products. This is the best way how to be always in the correct place;) Anyways, Pocket Kim is enough, only problem is that the voice directions are missing...

Thanks a lot for your answer. Does Alturion cover the Czech Rep. just as good as Pocketkim? (by the way - I just sended them a email about the pda/gps combination).[/QUOTE]

The Czech Republic is covered by Alturion pretty good..sometimes seems to me that better then with PocketKimt. You should use it.[/QUOTE]

Thank you very much for all your answers. I will try the hack and see if it works. I've been to Alturions homepage, and it looks rather good too. I'll be back with my results later.

THANKS!!!
malkekoen (7)|5.1.2005 21:08
[QUOTE="Šeba"]Myslim, že mohu poradit , ale ma angličtina na to bohužel nestačí - Pokud by někdo mohl přeložit MDA neumí seriovy port- k tomu aby spojení nastalo je třeba nahrat do MDA tuto utilitu, která vytvoří jakýsi virtualní com.Tento potom zaskrtnout po sparovaní GPS v nastaveni Pocket Kim.

TRANSLATION :: MDA II cannot emulate serial (COM) port by default. You have to use the attached hack that will create it. Then you'll be able to use this new port in PocketKiM.[/QUOTE]

I have just installed the hack - but I can't get it to work. Where should the extra serial port be available at? I can only see serial ports from 1-8 and BTC from 1-3.

PLEASE HELP AGAIN :).....
Šeba_oldd (1184)|5.1.2005 21:51
Prosim opět o překlad. Po instalaci BTHTools provest znovu sparovaní BT clip on(GPS) dle obrazku. Např v mem připadě se jedna o com 7.
00041190_pc_capture1_KeOT.jpg 00041190_pc_capture2_Lq5w.jpg 00041190_pc_capture3_B9Z0.jpg 00041190_pc_capture4_4so4.jpg 00041190_pc_capture5_Kb2m.jpg 00041190_pc_capture6_1TNv.jpg 00041190_pc_capture7_LxMS.jpg
Kocir (836)|5.1.2005 22:00
[QUOTE="Šeba"][QUOTE="malkekoen"]

Myslim, že mohu poradit , ale ma angličtina na to bohužel nestačí - Pokud by někdo mohl přeložit MDA neumí seriovy port- k tomu aby spojení nastalo je třeba nahrat do MDA tuto utilitu, která vytvoří jakýsi virtualní com.Tento potom zaskrtnout po sparovaní GPS v nastaveni Pocket Kim.

TRANSLATION :: MDA II cannot emulate serial (COM) port by default. You have to use the attached hack that will create it. Then you'll be able to use this new port in PocketKiM.[/QUOTE]

I have just installed the hack - but I can't get it to work. Where should the extra serial port be available at? I can only see serial ports from 1-8 and BTC from 1-3.

PLEASE HELP AGAIN :).....[/QUOTE]

Hi Guy

I am not sure if Alturion is able to cover with maps from Navteq Czech Rep. as well as PocketKIM. As I know navteq maps covers main (1st class roads) and 6 cities are made on up to street level (Prag, Brno, Ostrava, Karlovy vary, Plzen, Mlada Boleslav).

But on other side mentioned PocketKIM does not have good "engine". It means no voice command, worse accuracy of calibration of maps. But you can use it, but it will not be comfortable as well as Alturion or Route66.

You can also try some programs from www.SMARTMAPS.cz. They do raster bitmaps which looks as normal paper maps, but navigation is not finished yet.
Šeba_oldd (1184)|5.1.2005 22:04
Doporucuji update : Program files/Tranis/ Pocket Kim/ přepsat - Pocketkim. exe
verze 2,9
malkekoen (7)|5.1.2005 22:04
[QUOTE="Šeba"]Prosim opět o překlad. Po instalaci BTHTools provest znovu sparovaní BT clip on(GPS) dle obrazku. Např v mem připadě se jedna o com 7.[/QUOTE]

IT WORKS!!!!! THANKS A LOT!!!!!
malkekoen (7)|5.1.2005 22:06
[QUOTE="Kocir"][QUOTE="Šeba"][QUOTE="malkekoen"]

PLEASE HELP AGAIN :).....[/QUOTE]

Hi Guy

I am not sure if Alturion is able to cover with maps from Navteq Czech Rep. as well as PocketKIM. As I know navteq maps covers main (1st class roads) and 6 cities are made on up to street level (Prag, Brno, Ostrava, Karlovy vary, Plzen, Mlada Boleslav).

But on other side mentioned PocketKIM does not have good "engine". It means no voice command, worse accuracy of calibration of maps. But you can use it, but it will not be comfortable as well as Alturion or Route66.

You can also try some programs from www.SMARTMAPS.cz. They do raster bitmaps which looks as normal paper maps, but navigation is not finished yet.[/QUOTE]

Several people in this forum has recommended Alturion. I will try a demo of that. But finally i got PocketKim working - NICE!!!!
KS (29)|15.1.2005 22:37
Prosím Vás, nějak jsem z této diskuze nepochopil, jestli umí Pocketkim navigovat z ulice do ulice. Někdo z Vás zde píše, že dojel až do Pardubice do ulice, kterou hledal, v nápovědě je uvedeno, že plánování z ulice do ulice není. Jde mi o to, chci-li jet například z Prahy z Václavského náměstí do Ostravy do Brněnské ulice, zda tento program umožní takto cestu naplánovat. V demoverzi je jen jeden plán KV a proto nemohu vyzkoušet. Před koupí bych to opravdu potřeboval vědět. Děkuji.
Pavlucha (1496)|15.1.2005 23:34
[QUOTE="KS"]Prosím Vás, nějak jsem z této diskuze nepochopil, jestli umí Pocketkim navigovat z ulice do ulice. Někdo z Vás zde píše, že dojel až do Pardubice do ulice, kterou hledal, v nápovědě je uvedeno, že plánování z ulice do ulice není. Jde mi o to, chci-li jet například z Prahy z Václavského náměstí do Ostravy do Brněnské ulice, zda tento program umožní takto cestu naplánovat. V demoverzi je jen jeden plán KV a proto nemohu vyzkoušet. Před koupí bych to opravdu potřeboval vědět. Děkuji.[/QUOTE]

Přímo z ulice do ulice se říct nedá.
Má v řádu ulic "záchytné body", které mohou, ale nemusí být přímo v ulici, kterou potřebuješ, nicméně jsou podle mě dostatečně blízko.

V praxi to znamená:
1. Najdeš si ulici, kterou potřebuješ (tam je podrobnost databáze velice slušná, myslím)
2. Klepneš na ulici a zvýrazní se ti nejbližší "záchytný bod"
3. Ten pak zadáš jako waypoint ... a je to
Butch_ce4you (73)|18.2.2005 15:08
Mám jeden dotaz: používám MDAII + PocketKim + SD-501
absolutně náhodně, někdy po minutě, někdy po 3 hodinách se mi stane že PK zahlásí že nemůže komunikovat s GPS a nepomůže nic než reset MDA.
Osobně si myslím, že je to nějaká chyba PK, protože jsem to zkoušel s Navigátorem a nekouslo se to ani jednou.
Setkal se s tím někdo ? Jde to řešit jinak než použitím jiného softu ?

Butch
karlic (707)|18.2.2005 20:39
Máš správně nastavenou komunikaci v PK - Bitrate, Paritu, a vypnuté Infra? Jakou verzi PK máš? Nyní je myslím 2.8, tak si to z PK webu updatuj.
Já jsem nikdy s PK problém neměl.